The Eight Limbs of Yoga
Have you ever heard of the 8 limbs of yoga? Or have you heard someone (perhaps your yoga teacher) refer to them in a yoga class and wondered what they were talking about?
Each limb directs attention towards one’s health our moral and ethical conduct and self-discipline.
Over the coming weeks, we will be giving an account of each limb and how we can use them to guide us in our everyday life. Here they are:
1. Yamas – (Ethical considerations)
2. Niyamas – (Self Observation/Discipline)
3. Asana – (Physical Poses)
4. Pranayama – (Breathing)
5. Pratyahara – (Sense Withdrawal)
6. Dharana – (Concentration)
7. Dhyana – (Meditation)
8. Samadhi – (Enlightenment/Peace)